Monday, August 23, 2010

From My Muse

From My Muse
From My Heart
By Tami Snow


Thievery of my soul began

Across the widened expanse of time

A secret pleading discovery

Within a book of song and rhyme

Your eyes a looking glass of fear

The color of the sky

I look upon their languid gaze

As you go soaring by

How much longer will you leave me here

Disguised as wafting need

Limbs desiring to grow and stretch

Out from a fertile seed

On paper spill my heart and soul

My deepest desires expose

My life held in your timid fingers

Show them so they know





2 comments:

Bryce Main said...

There's something heartwrenchingly touching about your poems Tami. I'm not much of a poetry lover, but I love your use of words here. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed it very much. What a fantastic first line....

Thievery of my soul began

Love it...

Joann H. Buchanan said...

I love this poem, what a beautiful tribute to your muse...smiles..hugs...